Hello everyone! This year I wanted to make a guide for anyone in need of a new 2019 agenda. This series will include my recommendations on spiral bound planners, target planners, ring inserts, printables, sticky notes, pens, tools, and more! I’ve compiled all of my planning favorites into a 5 episode series on my YouTube channel! Each episode will be accompanied by a blog post for a closer look at the products. Make you sure check it out starting December 29th- January 2nd. Hope you enjoy!
The Task Card ordering process has changed to make ordering quick and easy. These are a custom product, but there are now added options to quickly select from pre-printed categories. Custom options are still available on the new order form if you need a personalized system.
WAITLIST CURRENTLY CLOSED: I’ll now be taking orders through a waitlist! The waitlist is currently filled, but once orders are completed the waitlist will reopen for the next few batches!
The processing time is 5-7 business days from payment date.
Please see newly added photos, options, and pricing! Send any questions to MadyPlans@gmail.com
What’s Currently Available:
- Task Cards / Custom Task Cards
- Routine Cards / Custom Routine Cards
- Blank Clear or Frosted Cards
- Task Cards contain 5 page flags per card (one color per card)
- Each flag can hold up to 4 short words.
- $5 per card for pre-printed categories
- $7 per card for custom printing
- no minimum or maximum
Downtime Productivity / Routine Cards:
- One card contains 3 large clear page flags pictured below
- Each flag will include 1 header (one word) and 5 lines of text (2 to 3 short words per line)
- $10 for pre-printed routines
- $13 for custom printing + assembly
See below for pricing, color options, photos, and product examples
Color Options (appearance of colors may vary)
I created this task card system to save space, time, and paper by organizing my most repetitive tasks onto reusable sticky flags that I can place around my planner.
They are organized on cards for easy categorization and storage- fitting into any card holder or pocket!
Stick them to your dashboard to create a reusable to-do list, place them in your daily or weekly inserts to outline your week “before the pen”, or simply keep them in a clear pocket as a to-do reference list!
I love my ringed planners for the simple fact that I can change out the inserts anytime I want. There are so many customization options when it comes to this mechanism, and there are tons of shops out there that create inserts for this style of planner. My 4 favorite shops for ring planner inserts and printables are Peanuts Planner Co, 8Lotus, Cloth & Paper, and ElleMonPaperCo.
She offers an array of sizes and styles- there’s a layout for just about anything! These come as downloadable files that you can instantly print, cut, and punch into your planner! Varvara is working on offering these as a physical item as well, but in the mean time I highly recommend trying her test inserts for practice printing and cutting your own!
Infinite Lotus is a newer shop that offers both printed inserts and printable files. The clean fonts and white space are perfect for any minimal set up. Vivian, designer and owner, has a lot of different options of insert layouts. The downloadable files are super easy to print, with user friendly cut lines.
The packaging was delicate, simple, and luxurious! The paper quality is amazing, the physical inserts are printed on a crisp white paper. She also sells precut plain insert paper to print yourself. This is a great option if own a printer, but do not have a paper cutter!!
Ashley Reynolds, founder and CEO, designs chic and fashionable inserts for her fellow planner girls. She has a ton of different calendar options, weekly inserts, capsule planning , and even beauty inserts. Her editorial style is unique and high end making these the PERFECT inserts for a luxe agenda set up.
ElleMonPaperCo is another amazing shop for printable inserts!! She has a beautiful selection of calendar inserts, dashboards and more.
Michelle, owner and creator, has revolutionized planner printable cut lines! They reach all the way to the very edge of the page making cutting that much easier. I highly recommend these inserts for their beautifully chic design and user friendly cut lines!
Overall, these 4 shops are the perfect place to start for anyone looking to spruce up their ring planner organization! Make sure to check out the YouTube video for coupon codes and a closer look at these inserts!
I have been thinking of adding a spiral agenda to my 2019 planner lineup. These are my top 3 choices of spiral bound planners from a few different including the Purposeful Planner, STIL Classics, and Cloth & Paper.
The Purposeful Planner by Corie Clark is perfect for anyone looking for a desk agenda with PLENTY of space. Here are some of the reasons I thought this planner would make a great addition to any 2019 set up!
- Aesthetic: The front cover has a beautiful marble pattern, and gold accents that pop!
- Laminated tabs is a MUST! I always look for this feature when shopping for a spiral planner.
3. Layout. I love the large monthly view!! It has plenty of room for your busy schedule. The weekly planner has a nicely organized WO2P vertical layout with a timed schedule, and the daily planner has soooo much space, and is kept very minimal. This planner also incorporates finances, menu planning, goals, gratitude, and more!
STIL Classics is a new-to-me brand that I completely fell in love with, for obvious reasons.
The cover is absolutely beautiful, minimal, chic, and luxurious!!
It has laminated side tabs, a gorgeous monthly view, but the best part is that it has TWO different weekly layouts! You get both horizontal AND vertical layouts to better fit your needs on any given week. This is amazing, because of the nature of spiral planners, it’s not often you have many choices within the system!
Finally, the Cloth & Paper 2019 Spiral Planner! This option is a 2 parter. This GORGEOUS, luxurious agenda can be dressed up or down. You can purchase just the spiral planner, and use it as is, or you can pair it with a high end leather piece. The spiral notebook was designed to slide perfectly into either the Cloth & Paper agenda cover, or the Louis Vuitton A5 desk agenda cover.
The agenda cover has endless pockets and card slots, and has a pen loop to store your fav planner pen.
The agenda itself includes a monthly page to jot down bdays, important dates, and upcoming events, followed by a WO2P vertical layout.
Overall, these 3 planners are top of the line choices for a 2019 set up depending on your needs. Using any of these agendas consistently will no doubt keep you onto of all your daily tasks! Make sure to watch my YouTube video on all 3 of these amazing planner options!
I’ve recently entered the world of influencing and collaborating through social media. By NO means am I a huge influence, but I’ve learned a couple things that I wanted to share with anyone looking to start working with other brands.
- SEEK MUTUALLY BENEFICIAL RELATIONSHIPS. This is of course number one. No brand is actively seeking to send free product with nothing in return, and no influencer is going to put in work for free. This doesn’t necessarily mean you, the influencer, will be paid in cash, but there should always be an exchange – for example, product for post. If you feel your work holds monetary value, be up front and negotiate your terms. Some brands may low ball you (as expected) but know your worth and stand your ground. If you don’t feel comfortable agreeing to their terms, you may need to let that collaboration opportunity pass, but always be cordial incase they decide to reach out again in the future.
- Do a little brand research. Anytime you’re going to be working with another brand, you should always check their socials. You want to spot any possible red flags before associating yourself with a brand, since you will be promoting their products/services to your loyal followers. Read reviews, comments, etc to gage the sentiment of their followers and costumers to help you make a more informed decision.
- Make sure you love the products/ service you’re promoting. I know it can be exciting when a brand reaches out and offers you FREE STUFF!! But hold off and make sure you love the product they’re offering. Check their website or social media for reviews to ensure that you’ll be satisfied with the quality. If you don’t like the specific product, but would like to promote for their brand, suggest a different product that you can get excited about! Keep your audience in mind! Odds are they trust your judgment and value your recommendations. Only promote products you love yourself, or you think your audience would love!
- Stay on brand. ALWAYS. This fits right in with tips number 2 and 3. Know your brand and treat it as your empire. Establish your brand values, code of conduct, mission statement, aesthetic, etc and make sure collaborations align with your brand. If a company offers you product that doesn’t fit your aesthetic, or their brand values don’t align with yours, you may need to decline. When you find a brand that DOES fit your standards, the collaboration will be effortless.
- Conduct yourself as a professional. Working on projects over the internet does have its challenges, one being communication. Establish relationships with brands and be understanding of any issues or miscommunications. Most interactions are done over email or phone call. If you have concerns, try to resolve them before making any decisions to terminate an agreement or back out last minute. Treat any brand collabs or affiliations as you would your job. Try to be timely, accurate, and meticulous in your work. Each of these collaborations can and should go onto your resume at some point as either references or examples of your work. Always be cordial and welcoming, this will reflect well on you, and you will better your chances of being considered again in the future, or recommended to other brands!
Starting a new social media account can be intimidating and I get a lot of questions on where to start and how to gain followers.
Here are my tips on getting started!
- JUST START! The hardest part of creating a new account is sitting down and getting everything set up. Choose handles that are easy to search! If your handle or profile name has too many symbols it’ll be hard for people to find you in the future. Try to keep your name consistent across platforms. If you’re “plannergirl123” on Instagram, you should use that as your YouTube and Blog name as well!
- Post content YOU enjoy. When I first started my planner YouTube channel and Instagram account, they were meant to be beauty channels. I quickly realized that wasn’t something I truly enjoyed posting on my social media. Although beauty is a hot topic on social media, if you don’t enjoy your own posts, odds are others won’t enjoy them either. Since I LOVE my planner and organization posts, I tend to post more often, and get more engagement with my posts than I would with content I’m not as passionate about.
- Don’t be concerned with your follow count. Starting over with 0 followers is more of a blessing than a curse. You have the freedom to experiment with posts with no judgement! During this time, play around with features, types of posts, and decide the direction and aesthetic of your account.
- Make connections. Once you’re ready to start gaining followers and posting more often, follow related accounts and make REAL connections. Talk to people through comments, DMs, and support others! Once you make a few friends in which ever community you are interested in, you’ll have a few people ready to like and comment on your posts, which will get more people talking!
- Practice good social media etiquette. Don’t follow hundreds of people expecting them to follow back and then unfollow everyone- not a good way to gain interactive followers. Organic growth is extremely important when starting a new channel. This works with tip #4. Making real connections and practicing good etiquette will ensure you have a good foundation for a supportive and engaging follower base. Be supportive – not competitive and conduct yourself as you would in the real world!
I had a much needed family filled weekend recently and it was extremely therapeutic. When your so caught up in your everyday life, its nice to take a break from the screens and get back to the basics- and what makes you truly happy.
This particular week my aunt made my favorite fall time meal POSOLE. If you ever see it on the menu at a restaurant, try it. It may not be as delicious as a homemade batch, but its one of those dishes that never disappoints.
Getting back to the basics in all aspects of life helps me to get in touch with my goals, aspirations, and the mindset I need to progress. Even in planning, I try to take a step back and look at the function of the systems I am using. It’s so easy to get caught up in the latest trends and social media postings that I lose sight of what works for me and what doesn’t. If it doesn’t work, there’s no reason to spend energy on it.
Later we sat around the kitchen table reliving stories from the good ole days and reflecting on the simpler times, and making empanadas.
Watching all the work my aunt put into making the dough, the filling, rolling them out, filling them, sealing them, and baking them for everyone else to enjoy made me think about my own life.
So many metaphors ran through my mind. Putting in work towards your education, career, personal brand, health, and overall future is all going to produce the sweetest reward from the hard labor. Nothing great is ever easy.
Spending time with family or friends ALWAYS helps me to refocus my energy and get back to the head space I need to be in.
Moral of the story is, never be too consumed with life to appreciate the things around you. Always make time for those closest to you, and allow them to inspire you.
Usually fall colors inspire my wardrobe, but this year its all about texture! All the different knits, faux furs, teddy bear fluff, velvet, denim, suede, leather, I LOVE IT.
I LIVE for the fall season, I feel warm and cozy in almost anything I throw on. Like most other fall fashion lovers, classic knitted sweaters are a staple, but its always a good idea to grab some fall statement pieces like a faux fur jacket that’ll make you stand out in a crowd, or of a pair of bright red pointed toe booties.
I was able to get away from the books for a day and take a trip to the mall, and I found a ton of cute fall goodies!
Tips for shopping this fall:
- Look for different knit patterns to diversify your existing collection.
- Branch out and look for new colors! This year I saw a ton of pastels which isn’t typical for fall, but after trying on a few lavender and light pink sweaters, I’ve become convinced I need more pastel fall attire.
- Texture is huge right now. Theres so many cool materials available this year that’ll set your wardrobe apart from others!
- POP OF COLOR, need I say more? Most of my outfits are either all black, or very neutral. Find a pop of color to spice up your look, for example, the hot red suede booties.
- Simple jewelry- a pair of gold hoops, or a simple necklace will add a little sparkle without distracting from your everyday look.
- Look for pieces to dress up, and dress down. Can you wear it to class or work? Can you also transform it to night-out look? This is why I LOVE FALL. The versatility is insane.